In summary, here is how the credentialing service works:
- Dentists, Optometrists, etc.
- Enter and securely store your credentialing information in the SCS for free
- Receive automated reminders to update information that is incomplete or expiring
- Keep the information up to date and attest every 120-180 days
- Insurance plans/networks, etc.
- Perform outreach and drive providers to enter their information electronically into the SCS
- Search the SCS to see if a provider has a completed application available
- Once found, there are two options:
- Subscribe to the provider’s profile and pay a small fee for 12-month unlimited access to the raw, provider application information
- In addition to the item above, contract with SCS to perform primary source verification or ongoing monitoring for an additional fee
Basically, because it saves time and money. Through extensive testing, we have found that it takes 15-20 minutes for a provider to complete the application for the first time, and a few minutes each year to re-attest and keep it updated.
Payers save time and money by eliminating the need to mail credentialing applications to providers, wait for responses, and follow-up. All the information they need is available instantly on the payer portal whenever they need it.
- The service is free for all medical providers to input and store their information
- Networks, insurance plans, MCOs, etc:
- There are no joining fees and no setup fees
- Only pay for provider information that is downloaded
- Once registered, you can subscribe to a provider’s information. Subscriptions are $4.50 for a 12-month access period. You can download the provider information as many times as you wish in the 12-month period
- Subscriptions can auto-renew at the end of 12 months, if desired
If you wish to utilize our services for primary source verification, please contact us for current pricing.
Please click this link to review the checklist of required information.
Yes, we can also provide primary source verification services. If you are an insurance plan, MCO or other organization in need of these services, please contact our Subscriber Support team at CredentialingService@skygenusa.com or 855-934-9825 to learn more.